Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 10, 2010

Pregnancy Must Haves

Since I've been pregnant I've learned that there are a few things that you will need throughout this journey. I thought I would share them with anyone who might be interested. Here are my picks in no particular order.



1. TUMS! -they are always nearby. Everyone is different, so tums might not be needed..but even if you don't have heartburn, it's a great source of calcium.


2. Body Pillow- around 6 months, your sleeping positions will start to get uncomfortable, a body pillow is really helpful. A regular pillow will do just fine but I like to hug on my body pillow:)

3. Memory foam pillow (and mattress top) - If your bed is uncomfortable...which mine is! a memory foam mattress top really made a world of difference. The memory foam pillow tops any pillow for me, I just love how the memory foam feels. Mix these two items and a body pillow and you will be good to go!!!

4. Jug- I recently bought a 2.2L bottle to hold my 8 glasses of water that I need every day! That way I know that I am getting enough!

5.Old Navy Maternity Skinny Jeans- Who says you have to wear ugly mom looking jeans before your even mom! (not that I would wear any as a mom, lol) I scored a $10 dollar pair of maternity skinny jeans from Old Navy, and that's really all I wear! They are the only jeans that fit me in all the right places. My other Maternity jeans are baggy and too wide at the feet and makes me look bigger than i really am.



6. Cocoa Butter- while there is no proof that cocoa butter actually prevents stretch marks, I do know that it makes my skin feel so soft. I put it on my stomach twice a day, sometimes three.
I prefer the little stick over the lotion. With only 2 months left to go, I do not have a single stretch mark, but I also know that according to the doctor, as long as you gain your weight at a normal pace, and not really fast, stretch marks shouldn't appear... but you never know:(

7. Sports Bras- They are just so much more comfortable.. I just can't deal with an underwire right now! I really like Hanes, they make this one where you can use the straps in all sorts of different ways.

8. 3lb weights- I love my 3lb weights, its just enough weight to work on my arms. Exercise is very important during pregnancy. I went through a blah stage where I had no motivation(that usually happens during the 1st trimester) but by the 2nd trimester you get your second wind but the cravings set in too.. It's ok to eat what you want, but make sure you drink plenty of water and if you don't have the motivation to exercise.. at least walk. Walking is just as good and really important.


9. pedicure- just because your pregnant doesn't mean you should stop pampering yourself. A pedicure every few months is so worth the money. Plus they massage your feet and legs and you just feel so much better. Especially since you cant really reach your toes at this point anyway to do it yourself!

10. Support- a good support team is very important. I am fortunate enough to have a great husband that is always there for me... whether I have a weird craving, a sore back, or just some reassurance that i dont look like a beached whale.. :)
It could be your mom, your sister, your best friend... or all of them. Just have someone that can be there for you during this journey. It is life changing and we definately need reassurance every now and then or motivation to keep going.. 9 months is a long time! and we have crazy hormones to go along with it. But I wouldn't trade this experience for anything:)

Maria :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post!

    I agree completely! I didn't have the weights but I got my exercise at work... I wanted a pedicure the whole time but never got a chance to get one... and I swear by the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Massage Cream (I think that's what it's called) I didn't get any stretch marks from pregnancy used it EVERY day plus I did have a couple on my legs from before and they are A LOT better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Sam! glad you liked it, I really can't live without these items! lol
    Can't wait for the baby to come! maybe I'll post baby item must haves as well!

    ReplyDelete